Tuesday 21 December 2010

Day 28 - End of Cycle 1 of CRD

So I got down to the Marsden yesterday and gave my blood sample without any hassle (well apart from the 3 times it took them to get the needle in the right vein!). The hope was that by getting down there early this morning, the negative pregnancy test (which I have to have to be allowed the revlimid) would be back nice and early and I'd be able to pick up my prescription early, and either spend some time with my sister, or get home if the snow was closing in....but of course that would be too easy!

So I got there for 9am, had my zometa infusion (which I have to have monthly) and waited. The good news is that my hb is back up to 10.9 which is nearly normal. The thing that initially slowed things down was the fact I've been pretty breathless recently and so they wanted me to have a chest xray to rule out any issues there. That all came back clear :-). Eventually I got to see the doctor and he has just said to keep an eye on the breathlessness and if it gets worse to get back to them and they'll give me a CT scan to check it isn't DVT. I think he was less worried as I had something similar (though not quite as pronounced) after a low hb result around the time I was training for my 3 Peaks Challenge. So hopefully it's nothing and we'll have a hassle free Christmas!!

Anyway, I eventually got the drugs at 1pm and headed back to get my kids from my sister and head home....luckily the roads were pretty clear and easy! I even saw planes going from Heathrow which is a bit of a miracle at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My family's snow fun!

My family's snow fun!

Snow Fun

Snow Fun