Wednesday 29 December 2010

Christmas Cheer - Cycle 2, day 8

I hope that everyone has had a lovely Christmas, loads of lovely presents and is looking forward to a healthy, and happy 2011!

And despite how worried  I was about Christmas, I have to say, it's been a pretty good one all in all. When I first found out I'd have started chemo and be high on drugs on Christmas day, I can't say I thought I was particularly lucky, but now I feel differently. Nothing has changed in terms of side effects etc so I won't bore you with that...how lucky am I? People seem to think I'm weird to say that, but I really think I could have had far worse in terms of how I feel, and what is happening to me so I do feel pretty lucky. One of the blogs I follow, the guy went in for his transplant on Christmas day and was still cheery to the last....now that is inspiration for me!

We had a lovely Christmas day...my favourite present, a beautiful locket from Nick and the kids. All 3 of them had written a little message for me in it for now, but for me to read when I go into hospital...how to make a girl cry by 8am on Christmas morning! It was so gorgeous and I will treasure it.

We've been in the Midlands since then, with Nick's parents and seeing his brother and two of my sisters. Nick had his bday too so all in all it's been pretty manic but lovely. I'm shattered today and am now in bed. So tired that I forgot to take my meds this morning and only realised this evening....not good but hopefully it won't have a major impact! First time for everything, and hopefully the last!!

Off home via my parents and godmother tomorrow....very much looking forward to being back in my own house for a while but will miss the kindness everyone up here has shown (and the help with the kids :-))

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful present. I wouldn't worry on the treatment front, a few hours won't make much difference. I can vouch for the kindness of Midlanders being one myself. :)

    I hope you all have a fantastic New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to spend a week in hospital when first diagnosed and a dose was missed then - nobody seemed too concerned from a medical viewpoint - although someone did get a little slap on the wrist admin wise!

    Glad you had a good Christmas! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debs so glad you had a lovly Christmas. Your locket sounds georgeous. What a thoughtful present. Hope all goes well with you treatment. Will be thinking of you.
    Love Jean

    ReplyDelete

My family's snow fun!

My family's snow fun!

Snow Fun

Snow Fun