Saturday 18 December 2010

DAY 25 - CRD - Everything at a standstill

It's been a week since I last wrote and we're currently snowed in! Despite living on the A40 in Bucks which is a fairly main road. We probably could get out.....but with an open fire, plenty of food and a new delivery of wine, I think we'll stick with the idea that we're snowed in!!! lol!

Anyway, things are going really well treatment wise. The cycle that I follow is 21 days of revlimid (with the Cyclophosphomide and the dex interspersed on various days), and then 7 days which is just all of the side drugs that I have to take to stop flu, fungal infections, DVT, etc. And I think those 7 days will be a fantastic relief each cycle as I seem to get my taste back and feel like normal again which is so nice. We went to a wedding yesterday (despite having 2cm of snow during the day and it being -11) and I actually felt like a total human again which was fab.

I'm back at the hospital on Tuesday (weather permitting) to be checked over and given the next cycle's worth of drugs. I'm slightly worried now with the weather, what will happen if I can't get there...the Marsden is an hours drive away and Sutton hasn't got over the snow they had about 2 weeks ago I don't think!! I don't think they'll let my local hospital do the tests etc so it could delay everything which might result in me not being able to stay in the trial....not that they have said that, but it is my concern. I am very happy on it, and feel really lucky so would hate it if they changed that. Anyway, no point worrying until I speak with them on Monday.

We were meant to be seeing father christmas tomorrow with the kids but that has been cancelled too with the weather, so it looks like it'll be another day of christmas decorations and chilling out in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My family's snow fun!

My family's snow fun!

Snow Fun

Snow Fun