Saturday 11 December 2010

Day 18 - CRD

I feel so lucky in so many ways. At the start of this process, I would have given anything if someone had told me that tiredness and a bit of nausea was my main problem! And 18 days in, those are my main issues.

It's hard sometimes to stay positive though when I keep on feeling like that. I know I'm really lucky, and I know that I should be so so grateful....so many people have such terrible side effects. But the last two days have been hard and I am totally wiped out at the moment. I have a mouth that tastes like a badger has died in it and whatever I eat tastes awful.....but I can't stop eating because it feels so horrid when I'm not. And to top that, I haven't really slept the last two night. I thought it would be when I was on dexamethasone that I struggled with sleep, but it seems to be much more random than that. It's not that I lie there awake for hours, but more that I wake every hour on the dot and am pretty alert before falling back to sleep. Which has left me in a bit of a state!! Good for nothing come the evenings!

We're still doing stuff.....Nick's brother came down with his wife and little boy today which was lovely...we took all the kids to see Father Christmas at the local farm and they had a ball....I want to keep stuff going for them. It's hard though, as really I just want to curl up in front of the TV at the weekend so that I have some energy in the week!

Anyway, tomorrow will be a family day....the kids want to do their christmas cards and we'll just chill out here I think! Lovely juvely!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog. As a fellow cancer survivor, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Also...Great Blog! You are a credit to the cancer blogging community. I have added you to my blogroll, “Cancer Blogs Lists” with over 1200 other personal cancer blogs at www.beingcancer.net, a cancer networking site featuring a cancer book club, guest blogs, cancer resources, reviews and more.
    If you have not visited before or recently, please stop by. If you agree that the site is a worthwhile resource for those affected by cancer, please consider adding Being Cancer Network to your own blogroll.
    Now that you are listed, you can expect to gain a wider audience for your thoughts and experiences. Being Cancer Network is a place to share and communicate.

    Take care, Dennis (beingcancer@att.net)

    ReplyDelete

My family's snow fun!

My family's snow fun!

Snow Fun

Snow Fun