Wednesday 8 December 2010

DAY 15 - CRD - Looking good (ish!)

I had my two week check up yesterday.....to check I hadn't dropped dead or blown up into a pumpkin since I started taking the CRD regime!!

It was fairly good news with them not being too concerned about my various small side effects and feeling happy that all was going well. They don't get my paraprotein results until my 4 week check up on the 21st (and even then I won't know that result until after Christmas) but they are able to do a 'cheats' test by looking at my total protein, and it looks like that is already starting to reduce on the chemo drugs so that is good....the idea is that my paraprotein will drop as close to zero as we can get it!

Other than that, the only thing to report is that hb has dropped quite significantly from 11.1 a week ago, to 9.9 yesterday. That is considered quite a steep and rapid drop but given that I haven't had any symptoms to match it, they don't feel it's necessary to do anything at this stage. Apparently I'll have to drop to 8 before they would give me a transfusion, assuming of course that I have no symptoms develop in the meantime.

So I'm feeling pretty positive with the protein results and hoping that we get another goodish couple of weeks in the run up to Christmas....now off to do more shopping and try to get totally organised...but I'm nearly there :-)

Kids are loving the Christmas music, calendars and the tree....it's so nice now they're getting old enough to enjoy it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My family's snow fun!

My family's snow fun!

Snow Fun

Snow Fun