Sunday 28 February 2010

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Hmmm...got a lie in for the second day on the trot....thanks Nick!
The antibiotics have kicked in and I finally feel like I'm in the land of the living again (might still not look it, but you can't have everything!). I'm still a bit bunged up and a bit coughy but nowhere near what I was last week when I couldn't go 10 minutes without coughing madly. Now it will just be the waiting game to see whether or not it has affected my readings. Fingers crossed, no as otherwise I'll have to start thinking about how I limit contact with people who are ill. And that's not going to be easy with 2 kids! Anyway, might be getting ahead of myself here.

It's been nice to just have a chilled out day with Nick and the kids today....no-one to cook for, no-one to look after, just us :) I keep saying we should do more of it.....and then book up the diary....currently booked well into May...mad!

I had a look on the MMUK site yesterday....another story of someone who has lost their battle with Myeloma. I hang on to the fact that I don't have symptoms yet, but find it really sad everytime it happens. It makes me think of my family and how they'd feel. The site is fantastic though and the support you get from people on it is amazing....it's amazing how there are people that I have really developed an 'internet' relationship with via the site. I never quite understood internet dating, but have started to a bit better recently!!!

Fundraising is now up to nearly £1900 which is so great...I am over the moon. I'm sure that the last £1000 will be the hardest but I still have lots of people that I do think will sponsor at some point. I've just had an email back from my gym saying that they'll provide a trainer for me to set up a specific training programme for the walk and that they'll also look at doing a collection at the club. I am so chuffed by their response...after all I only started there a couple of months ago!

Right off to have a nice Sunday roast now....mmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My family's snow fun!

My family's snow fun!

Snow Fun

Snow Fun