Friday 19 February 2010

Humbling or what?!

Well I have to say I am absolutely gobsmacked. After my announcement that I was going to do the Yorkshire 3 Peaks, less than 48 hours ago, I have already reached 40% of my target of £2000. I don't have to raise anything for this challenge,  but I really want to be able to do something at this stage, while I still can. I cannot believe how generous people have been. It amazes me.
MyelomaUK have already supported me immensely with their discussion board and their website, so it is really important to me to help them. Maybe some of the research they fund will also help in finding a cure for this cancer. Those of us with it, can but hope.
So, if you're reading this and have sponsored me, THANK YOU ever so much. Nick and I are both really touched by your support and your messages of kindness. And if you haven't....there's still lots of time!!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's great that you're doing something positive. I 'smouldered' for over 5 years when I was diagnosed with MM at age 33 so I know the frustration and emotion involved. Happy to talk to you at any point if you'd like to, I'm on j@dewinter1.com. Re your fundraising - well done you.. Judy xx

    ReplyDelete

My family's snow fun!

My family's snow fun!

Snow Fun

Snow Fun