Tuesday 23 February 2010

Sickly and nervous

Urrgh. I've now had a cold since Friday which has developed into a hacking cough. I spent all last night coughing and ended up watching the figure skating at 4am in the morning as I just couldn't sleep! As good as it was watching the Canadians take gold, it wasn't really my idea of fun at that time in the morning. I went to the doctor this morning who has said he thinks it's just a cold but who has given me an advance prescription in case it develops.

It makes me really nervous. Last time I had an infection, my levels went up by 8 g/l.....and that starts to take me pretty high. Hopefully me having taken curcumin might help to balance that out and I'll stay stable, but I can't say I'm confident. I'm trying to ready myself for the worst whilst staying positive...an interesting combination!

I've upped my curcumin now to 6g...not sure whether the effects are due to that or being poorly, but I'm not sure I'll be going any higher unless things calm down with that too (see previous posts!!)

Oh yes, and the one bonus of going to my GP today, was that I managed to get an exemption form for prescriptions. I suppose there has to be some benefit from having the big 'C'! My eczema has definitely been worse in recent months and while I don't know that there is definitely a link, it's been costing me a fortune in creams!

Fundraising is now up to £1545!!! I can't believe it. I've upped my target to £3000 as people suggested I'd set it too low! So we'll see how that goes too. People have been so amazingly generous....and some of them really can't afford it but have still given.

Right, I need to go and rest until preschool pick up....my eyes are blurring in front of me!

xx

2 comments:

  1. We hope it is just a cold and you feel better soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of your cough, Deb. As soon as I develop a cough, I go on antibiotics...so if you suspect you might have an infection (and coughing all night doesn't sound good to me), please fill that prescription...
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

My family's snow fun!

My family's snow fun!

Snow Fun

Snow Fun