Thursday 18 February 2010

Curcumin - hope for the future?

I forgot to write in my previous post that I have now started on curcumin further to reading Margaret's health blog (see links to the right). She raves about this as having kept her stable for years now, and I have heard a number of other people saying that and fish oil are thought to have kept them stable too.
So, on the day I gave my last lot of bloods (5th Feb) I also started taking it. It's not cheap at £35 for a pot that will probably only last me a month, but if it keeps me stable for longer, it's worth every damned penny. Anyway, I started on 1g a day and am now up to 4g a day. Supposedly the recommendation is to go up to 8g a day next week, but I'm not sure whether I'll get that high. Without going into too much detail, it does have some side effects - I could well keep Andrex in business!!!

Anyway, today I found a link on the Myeloma Beacon about Curcumin too which I will try to attach shortly.
Myeloma Beacon - curcumin and multiple-myeloma preclinical studies
It seems that smaller research projects have backed up what individuals are saying, but because the population that has been trialled has been so small, it hasn't been deemed to be 'significant'. Blimey, anything surely is worth consultants trying out with their patients if it prolongs life/ quality of life.

I'll give it a go for a few months and hope that my readings stay stable....if that happens, I'll keep going!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My family's snow fun!

My family's snow fun!

Snow Fun

Snow Fun