Monday 15 February 2010

Chin thankfully up!!

Well, I knew I'd be bad at keeping this up to date, and oh yes, I am being. Still I suppose that's partially good as it means I'm not totally preoccupied with it!

I had my results and latest appointment with my consultant on Friday. Thankfully no rise with my paraprotein with it staying at 40g/l - hurrah!! My calcium has gone back into the red slightly and my haemoglobin has gone down a bit (looks like out of the normal zone and into the red, but I can't quite remember what he said it was and am still awaiting my written confirmation).

BUT, I am still feeling really positive about it all. I largely need to thank someone I met via this blog who has told me that his levels rose to over 70,  3 years after diagnosis, and that he was still asymptomatic. What a result. I know we're all different, and that I may not be so lucky, but I really feel I have to hang on to that at a time where otherwise I would spend my waking days (and sleepless nights!) worrying about it all. If it gets worse quicker, I'll just have to deal with it then, but until that day, I'm going to try to keep positive and enjoy what I do have.

So since then, I haven't really stopped to think about it much. I think I'm going to tame my presence on the MMUK site and the Under 50 site too as that's becoming a bit too compulsive for me and I'm dreaming myeloma at night....not nice!! And not helpful when I'm managing to forget about it during the day!

Anyway, that's it for the update. Just finished painting the spare room ceiling so am going to sort dinner and collapse I think!

Night

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear such a positive attitude. It's a much more effective weapon with which to fight and it makes for a much better environment around the little 'uns. Happy to hear you have stable readings - more reason to be cheerful !!

    Cameron

    ReplyDelete

My family's snow fun!

My family's snow fun!

Snow Fun

Snow Fun