Saturday 19 March 2011

Still don't know......

Friday was a remarkably busy day and so I'm afraid that a coffee morning at mine, followed by the kids having friends over for tea (didn't leave till 8.30pm :-) ) has meant that I haven't got round to putting my results up.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure what they mean anyway. My paraprotein has dropped from 27 to 24 - good news. But it looks like the trephine that I had been waiting for from my bone marrow doesn't look so positive and seems to suggest that it is still at 50%. Only 10% down from what it was when I started the treatment. I had convinced myself that my bone marrow was going to be good so it was a bit of a blow to hear that. The registrar did say that there was a note attached saying that it was very patchy and that this could mean that the figure was higher than it should be, but I don't quite get that. Hopefully all will be explained at our next meeting on Tuesday.

All the consultants at the hospital, including Gareth Morgan and Faith Davies, will be discussing my case at their MDT (multi-disciplinary team meeting) on Monday so I have agreed that if I call the registrar later in the day, that she will let me know what their thoughts and decisions are. And hopefully, if it isn't to put me back on revlimid (which I'm doubting if my bone marrow is so rubbish), they will be able to tell me if I have been picked for velcade or transplant and we can start moving on with the treatment.

I have to say, I don't really care anymore what I get given. I just want a decision. I have really struggled this week and am more uptight than I've been in a long time. My shoulders are really tense, and I have developed a back pain that I used to get when I worked in London and was stressed with my job - I haven't had it for about 9 or 10 years but it used to feel like I had a fist stuck in my shoulder blades. Not pleasant. Anyway, hopefully a decision tomorrow and some detail on Tuesday will help that all to go away.

We have the Christening of one of my best friends little girls tomorrow so hopefully the weather will stay sunny and it will all take my mind of this nonsense while we enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. I intend that the rest of your weekend is stress-free and that you are putting aside your concerns until you have to address them, for the highest and best good of all concerned - so be it and SO IT IS!!!! whooooooo.

    ReplyDelete

My family's snow fun!

My family's snow fun!

Snow Fun

Snow Fun