Tuesday 29 June 2010

In the Bag

Ok so yesterday was d day and my blood has now gone...nothing I can do about the results now. Not that there is anyway. I get my results on the 5th July so hopefully all will be good. I'm not quite as optomistic this time as I've not been well again. Coughs, colds, extreme eczema and infections. Other that that, fit as a fiddle! I've said before that I think there is some link between illness and my myeloma progressing, but I'm just hoping that the curcumin is helping at the very least so that perhaps even if I do see an increase in my paraprotein, that it isn't major.

All in all, I'm still feeling pretty positive about life. Unusual for me so close to an appointment, but I'm hoping that it's a sign that I'm starting to learn to live with the SMM rather than fighting it and feeling like a victim. After all, I might have a few years yet with no symptoms/ treatment. And all I can keep hoping for is that the prayers from my parents churches and elsewhere, are doing their job too!!! Maybe I could be that miracle that was suddenly fine after a diagnosis!

Busy week ahead in the run up to my 3 Peaks. Only 12 days to go. And finally my knee is starting to feel less painful so I'm really hoping that it's ok. I'm more nervous now than ever that I've done the wrong type of training, but at least I'm fitter. The distance (25 miles) doesn't worry me, but the peaks do. I went for a long walk with 2 of my sisters at the weekend and found the hills so tough. I have to stop constantly. And that's with training in the Chilterns. Oh well, maybe it just means I shouldn't be so hard on myself if I don't do it in the 10 hours I'd hoped for.

Not much time in the next week or so to train though. School sports day tomorrow, working Thursday, promised a family weekend, appointment on Monday, sam's school induction on tue, him at home on wed and work on the thu again.....hmmm, somewhere in there I HAVE to get some hill walking in the equation!!!!

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My family's snow fun!

My family's snow fun!

Snow Fun

Snow Fun