Thursday 21 January 2010

Some Good News!

I have had some lovely news tonight which has taken my mind off my own problems! One of my best friends called me to say that she was 14 weeks pregnant...fab news...been a tough ride for them so I'm even more happy that they have got something so lovely to celebrate.

I really am over the moon for them...I get so excited now when people have good news. I need all the good things I can get to in order to keep positive! Babies are a tad wierd in how they make me feel...I feel so lucky that we have two lovely kiddies. They are the best thing that ever happened to me (other than the lovely Nick of course!) and whilst they keep me on my toes, they really are pretty damn good kids! I knew before my diagnosis that I didn't want any more (or at least I was pretty sure!), but once I'd had it, the idea that it was no longer a choice was a really strange thing. I find it hard sometimes to think that now something else has forced that decision - Nick had never wanted to say never to more kids, now he has to (with me at least) and I think that's quite hard for him.

So now, my aim is to love what I have, and to give my friends and family lots of love to their kids too. No point being sad about it.

Oh yes, I think I mentioned before that I was trying to find out if my being ill and on antibiotics might have affected my readings....apparently not :(. Ke garne as they say in Nepal (What to do?!) Oh well....onwards and upwards and lets hope that the 12th Feb brings better news - or at least that I'm stable.

Had a funny (tongue in cheek funny!) conversation with a friend last night about planning a funeral! Decided that I think I want to go out to 'Always look on the Bright side of life' by Life of Brian. Hmmm....not sure what Nick would think to that conversation. But you have to laugh about it! I think I always think more about these things when Nick is away....he's been away since Sunday morning (today is Thursday) so I'm definitely missing him. Been a tough long week but I feel like we're in a really good place with each other. Home tomorrow...hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My family's snow fun!

My family's snow fun!

Snow Fun

Snow Fun